POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Large Binaries : Re: Large Binaries Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Large Binaries
From: Rune
Date: 22 Nov 2001 12:06:30
Message: <3bfd3096@news.povray.org>
"Trevor Quayle" wrote:
> This is only an idea, good or bad?
> Other suggestions comments?

Baaad idea. It means I'll never get to see those nice animations.

The low size limit in p.b.a means that people do an effort to keep file
sizes down, and that again means that more people will take the time to
download them. Well, that's how I see it. Of course I don't have a fast
connection so the suggestion was not meant for me, but I'm afraid that
people who could and would have posted a smaller animation in p.b.a will
then post a larger animation in the new group instead, which I won't get to
see.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Nov 5)